Thursday, April 7, 2016

Sunday at the 'Mid

Headed out to Pyramid last Sunday with my Nephew Jacob, and his friend Zach.  We met up around noon, and started fishing. I was throwing a sinking line with a simi seal bugger, and a popcorn beetle trailer. We fished for several hours without a bite, and only saw a few cruisers. We decided to switch beaches, and I'm glad we did. 

When we got to the second location, we immediately saw a TON of cruisers, and I mean a ton. Schools of 15-20 cruisers in front of, and behind the ladders. Zach and I hooked up almost immediately. I ended up hooking five, and landing two nice healthy fish. Zach hooked a few more, and landed a real nice one, probably eight pounds. The luck wasn't with Jacob today, and he got the skunk. It was a great day, and I'm glad to of gotten out with a couple of young fly fishing studs. They definitely motivated me to get out, and stay out a little longer, I'm looking forward to many trips in the future.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment